- Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction by Steve McConnell
- Design patterns: Elements of reusable object-oriented software by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John M. Vlissides
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering by Frederick P. Brooks
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship by Robert C. Martin
- Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code by Martin Fowler, Kent Beck, John Brant, William Opdyke, and Don Roberts
06 May, 2010
A (long) while ago, Gøran Hansen tagged me and invited me to share a set of recommended books. Reorganizing my book shelves, the tag came back to mind, and I decided to name a few of the books that I have learned from. The first three are essential, the rest are great books you should read.